Under pressure to over-deliver on fundraising/grants revenue?
Stymied by sustainability and strategic planning?
Overwhelmed by grant deadlines and opportunities?
We can help!
Amanda Day and Kimberly Hays de Muga have led trainings, keynotes, conference sessions, and webinars for more than 20,000 people like you worldwide. Whether in person or online, around the corner, or across the country, they provide tailored training and incorporate follow-up feedback and coaching that prepares you and your team to secure the funding you need to transform the communities you serve.
Here are some of the sessions they have offered recently. Purchasing the sessions as the package, Successful Grant Strategies, will save you time and money on your way to grants and fundraising success.
Start Where You Are: Grant Readiness and Grant Opportunities
- Fundamental structures and documentation needed to secure grant funding
- 5 free ways to search for grant funding
- 4 crucial criteria in selecting paid grant search databases
- Eligibility vs. Competitiveness
Resources include: grant readiness checklists and documentation templates, grant calendars, and ranking systems.
Streamlining Grant Proposals
- Basic components of a grant (needs statement, program description, goals and objectives, logic model, evaluation)
- Commonly requested attachments
- Basics of persuasive grant writing (writing style, sentence structure, editing)
- Assembling grants teams and task forces to develop competitive grants
Additional resources include: guides to needs statement data, sample logic models, objectives worksheets, program description outlines, and sample letters of support.
Strengthening Project Budgets
- Key cost elements to consider for program, project, and equipment budgets
- Match/In-kind definitions, explanations, and examples
- Indirect vs. Program costs
- Most common budget mistakes
Additional resources include: sample budgets from federal and private foundations and resource lists for calculating costs in the most common categories.
Stress-Free Grant Management
- 8 key preparations for sound grant management
- Real-world examples of the consequences of poor grant management
- Best Practices for grant management teams
- 10 Tips for reporting: Financial and Program Outcomes
- What you must do first when outcomes or finance tracking goes wrong
Resources include: worksheets tracking outcomes and expenditures and communication templates for funding agencies.
The Power of Sustainability
- 5 essential components of sustainability—not just the money!
- 6 key questions to drive deep and practical sustainability
- Powerful ways to reframe strategic planning and programming that provides for present needs without negatively affecting future growth
- Proven strategies to answer sustainability questions in grant proposals
Grant Ethics for The Real World
A podcast about grants & such.
Check out all our episodes, and don’t miss any new ones, by subscribing on Apple Podcasts or Spotify today!
Grant writing, just like fundraising, is very relational. The truth is that people give to people. This is why we are talking to Kara D. Mostowy, CFRE, GPC, Chief Development Officer of The Watson Institutehttps://www.thewatsoninstitute.org/. We are working to break down the silos between fundraisers and grant professionals. The more we can work together, the better we can fund the good work of our organizations.